Thursday, June 21, 2007

Leading Men

Hmm today a friend of mine said that I was a trouble maker… I am prone to create problems where ever I go. She said that in a capacity for I started a talk with a particular boy we knew and when it seemed weird I put an end to it. Now it seems quite unfortunately he has assumed that she asked me to stop the chit chat and has directed his irritation toward her (read he doesn’t reply to her anymore) sigh that was how the comment came into being. She just asked me this one question “could you not have left it way before in the first place?”

Should I have left it in the first place itself?

Well I have been accused of that in the past… that I lead men into believing that I like them , when what I merely do is be open and direct about a lot of issues where women skirt around delicately. I’ve never been much of a girly girl and men are plain idiots to think that if two and two click it becomes plenty!

Most of you who read this will agree that yes she should have quit what she did was merely leading that fellow on… ah yes another word that applies to me… leading men…

I’ve seen people saying that if a girl gets raped, it was her fault that she led a man to attempt something on her. It’s that girls should wear salwars in college so that they don’t provoke men. Girls wear burkas and cover themselves from head to toe to help man abstain from desire. Then those fuckers should have just moved into a desert without women. And considering the new age where homosexuality is gaining more and more prominence shouldn't men also be asked to do the same?

That’s the problem with men. Their easiest excuse is that men don’t have the self control and self abstinence that women exhibit. Well excuse me, but that’s just an eye wash, men are quite capable of several exorable feats. It’s just that they are too lazy to exercise their control. Tell me if men lack that much will power, how is it that they manage extreme physical feats which include brain and brawn, for example like mountaineering. Its not just strength, its extreme determination and will power. Please if they can scale Mount Everest how bad can handling your testosterone be?

Another thing is the “untouchable” time with a woman. In Hindu customs, when a woman is in her period, in homes where a temple is placed, she is asked to sit out, not touch any thing in the house for then everything in her path becomes “impure”. Not entering a temple is understandable, for if a woman bleeds in a temple it is impure (please not like she will mop up the temple someone else has to do it!) but then the untouchable part? Why are we treated like some leper when all we need is some rest? That is how it originally began. Women were asked to sit aside during that time because; she needs maximum rest to recuperate her loss of blood. Now rest is read as Impure. Strange are the ways of men.

Another interesting thing I have to write is what I saw at my friend’s home recently. I had been invited over for lunch and his mother was a wonderful woman, very kind, sweet and generous (I walked away with three boxes of sweets :D). She though kept complaining that her son never tells her what happens in college or at work. I was surprised and my friend just gave a wane smile.

Later I happened to learn that the similar fate is shared by all the women in that family. The multiple membered joint family patriarchs felt that with already too many problems being caused by many (male) voices, it would only create havoc if the women were also allowed a say in matters. In fact, these men make sure that when they marry, they marry from families where women are taught that the husband’s word is the bible.

No people, I’m not trying to be a feminist here. But it irks me to see that certain basic rights are being deprived just so we are a woman. I agree that equal opportunities are not accomodatable in certain situations. But seriously how bad can a woman’s say be. Don’t push us down… the more you keep us suppressed, the more we come out to swallow you. So give us an equal footing wherever possible.

Dear Government: We still look forward to the 33 %

And please not all of us are bad drivers!


3 comments:

Surya said...

wowwow... now thats a gud blog.. i agree with u on quite some things not completely though (a bit of MCP exists u c) ..

did think twice b4 puttin a comment... jus got frightened by the man-eater (errr sorry hater)

Unknown said...

Leading women ... quite thought provoking ... i agree with you ... yeah I understood u r not a feminist ... any way can I expect a film on these lines in future ?

The Stranger

Anu Subbiah said...

Ah! That's a Good one. Quiet agree with you on the "women not given their rights" bit of it.!
Got similar thoughts runnin in ma head. (jus haven put them down in words)..
Nice BLOG btw.! LucK*